Dancehall artiste Shatta Wale has urged artistes who are going through depression to express their pain and emotions into music.

In an interview with Zylofon fm, he opined artistes should develop a tough skin for criticisms and challenges that emanates from the music industry. Giving in to your failures will weigh you down  and result into depression.

Shatta Wale made this remarkable statement when commenting on Pappy Kojo's revelation of depression being the reason he went off the music scene.


Explaining what may have contributed to the depression he went through, he said the trolls he received after he lost out at the 2016 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards was also a factor.

“I got depressed after ‘Awoa’ and the VGMAs when they nominated me three times and I didn’t win, and the whole social media was on me because I didn’t win an award,” he revealed.


Speaking in an interview with Delay on the ‘Delay Show’, Pappy Kojo revealed that the depression has resulted to the habit of smoking.